Sunday 23 August 2009

Cupcake Queen

I was going through random photographs on the hard drive and came across a ton of pictures of cupcakes that I've made over the past couple of years, so I thought I'd put them as a little group here. It's been a while since I had time to make any, which makes me sad. Also, my absolute favourite ones, with green icing grass and marzipan bees, I have no photographs of. Maybe that's a good excuse to make more...

These were one of my very first attempts at cupcake icing, for a London Rollergirls fundraiser.


And another fundraiser, this time with a bonfire night theme, hence tiny icing flames on logs made from Cadbury's flake. I made the cupcakes ginger flavoured and everything...

These were for my friend Jennie's birthday, which is also Valentines Day, so I decorated them all with pretty pink icing swirls and hearts.

Another friend's birthday cupcakes here. She's called Sky, hence blue icing swirls and sugarpaste clouds.

And back to London Rollergirls, these were made for a bout between two of our league teams, the Ultraviolent Femmes and the Steamrollers, and iced with swirls in their respective team colours. Turns out it's really difficult to dye buttercream dark red...

And for the season championship, cupcakes in the LRG league colours of pink and black. The green ones in these pictures were made by Metallikat and had the yummiest icing I've ever tasted!
And that's it! My flatmate turns 40 next weekend, so I shall be making Canadian themed ones, possibly with sugarpaste 40s if I can find tiny enough number cutters...

No comments: