Monday 24 August 2009

Back to Shiny Things Now

Well, given the title of this blog, it's high time I posted some more shiny things, no?

A busy little bee I have been over the past few weeks with parties and weddings galore to attend, but I did find the time to make something for my lovely friend Nem, which was a necklace for her equally lovely girlfriend. She skates for the London Rollergirls' Suffrajets, whose logo looks like this:

So, Nem and I decided to take the font from the logo, play around a bit, and make up a necklace using her skate name, which is Silky Briefs. I cut the whole thing out of one big piece of silver sheet, engraving on letter details as needed. Here's a little work in progress shot...

And the final product ended up like this:



I was really happy with how it turned out and hopefully the birthday girl was too!

No comments: