Wednesday 27 May 2009

Work in Progress

Well, I'm kind of getting somewhere with my mannequin head. Turns out that spray painting is a lot more difficult than it looks...

Having finally found a spray paint colour that looked vaguely human coloured, if a human happened to be both Caucasian and bit goth (Montana White/Orange), I plonked the head down outside and proceeded. Pale is good, right? Nicola is my favourite member of Girls Aloud, after all...

Anyway, I either ended up with a weird speckled texture when I sprayed from too far away, or possibly moved the can too fast, or thick runny paint when I held it too close. Or maybe moved it not fast enough. Who knows...? I suspect it may take some practice, but I got it to a vaguely presentable standard eventually, accidentally spraying a chunk of my decking at the same time when the newspaper blew away. Arse! I'll sand that down when the weather's next nice. I will, honest...

Next step, sketching out the features and painting eyes and hair with the acrylic. The paint was somewhat more difficult to blend than I remember from GCSE art, but it's kinda going okay so far. Need to add some shading on the hair and some cheek and lip colour and see how it turns out.

No comments: