Tuesday 26 May 2009

Sunshine, and a good book...

Spent the past week lying in the sunshine in Tenerife, which I thought I'd totally hate, being the offspring of a ginger and Scottish person and therefore not entirely sunshine-friendly. Also, I've never been on a cheap package holiday thingy before and I though it would be a concrete dump full of lardy british blokes sporting Union Jack shorts. Yes, I am a snob :) But, whilst it was definitely not the most interesting place I've ever been, it was very pretty, the sunshine was lovely and I got to swim in a beautiful clear, warm sea, hurrah! Also, I had picked up a book to take with me on the recommendation of a friend (thanks Twisted), The Gone Away World, by Nick Harkaway, which was a beautifully written adventure of post-apocalyptic strangeness and much other stuff.

Absolute best thing I'd read in ages. I mainly ignored the boy for the entire three days it took me to read :) Back to work, real life and the usual hecticness of trying to do a million things at once now. Sigh...

No comments: