Thursday 17 November 2011

Silver Baby Bees!

Having got far too excited about my little silver bumblebee necklace, I decided it needed a little baby bee companion so I could make earrings too. I mean, I could have made earrings out of the first bee but she is, to be honest, a little bit of a fatty (but shhhhhh, don’t tell her I said that...) and thus too heavy for ear dangling.

So, back to the wax carving, hurrah! The carving bit is actually kind of therapeutic and I again managed to lose a whole weekend happily pottering about with my pointy dental tools and bits of wax.

I didn’t take any work in progress pictures this time, as I followed basically the same process as last time, only smaller. Trying to get the detail on the wings of this one made my eyes go a bit squiffy though.

So without further ado, here is my mini bee in silver.

And a small herd of bees...

Some earrings...

And a bracelet.


I think my silver bees may be my new favourite thing that I’ve made - the big bee necklace has even taken over from my shiny skate as the piece of jewellery I wear most days.

My bees are now up for sale on my website, so I hope you guys think they’re as cute as I do!

No comments: