Friday 18 November 2011

Am Still Baking Genius By the Way...

So, for all of you that said about my marvellous bread maker "Oh, you'll never use it/it'll just sit in the cupboard/you'll get bored/blah blah blah", all I can say is....

.... behold my loaf!


It's an apple and cider loaf, hence the arty placement of some apples and cider bottle in shot (yes, I've been playing with my camera...). The recipe came from a really cool book called the Ultimate Bread Machine Cookbook by Jennie Shapter. I've made a few from there now, but my favourites so far have been an ale and grain mustard one, and a rye and seed loaf.

So go, buy it. Bake bread. It's great!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I want a bread maker too but thought I wouldn't use it, you give me hope!

Lauren Grace said...

After you make that first loaf, it's so much nicer than the bread you buy in the shops, you'll use the bread maker all the time!

Kathryn said...

Excitingly I think we might be getting on for christmas! I'll have to bookmark the book you've suggested. My other half can't stop mumbling chorizo bread under his breath.