Wednesday 5 May 2010

Web Design - 1, Lauren - 0

So, I figured it was about time I got me a website. Having checked out some web design companies, it seemed that a basic site would set me back in the region of £400. Eek! This is way more money than is sitting in my jewellery account right now. Also, am total control freak so handing it over to someone else was always going to be a bit tricky.

How hard can it possibly be to build a website then? Turns out, quite difficult, specially if you are a techno-retard like me. I signed up for Moonfruit, which is apparently idiot proof, and started adding pictures. This is easy, I thought. Yay! Then I did something alarming to the background of the site, which resulted in the whole thing turning black, throwing a huge hissy fit and refusing to let me even go near the editing tools again. I proceeded to email the support people, who scratched their heads and told me they'd not encountered this before and weren't really sure what I'd done to it. Idiot proof my arse. Or possibly I am a very special kind of idiot.

But, I will not be beaten! I'm starting again with a new site, hoping to even the score to at least a 1-1 draw. This time perhaps I won't touch the background though...

No comments: