Tuesday 7 April 2009

I Have Been Doing Stuff, Honest Guv...

I really have. Yeah yeah I hear you scoff, but I so have, I've just been too busy to write about it. My actual job, the one that pays for my expensive creative type thingies has been a bit mental, as the boss has been preparing to go on holiday, which always results in manicness (hmmm, suspect that's not a real word...) I am making a real effort to leave at 4:30pm though, rather than thinking oh I'll just call that client/sort out that file/deal with those documents and ending up staying for another couple of hours. I think I'm still trying to get used to a job that lets you leave in the middle of the afternoon!

Anyway, I have been making loads and loads of hats, having acquired a lovely glass head as my new substitute hat block and I'm actually really happy with most of them, specially the little nautical inspired ones. I will take photos over the long weekend and post them soon...

Also, I wore one of my new creations out the other weekend and was stopped on the tube by a group of girls who said it was fab and asked where I got it. Now, this is where I should have been super confident and handed them a business card, pointing them to the website from which they could purchase, but (a) I have no business cards, (b) I have not yet set up a web shop and (c) I am rubbish, specially at any kind of self-promotion, so I just mumbled something about "thanks I made it" then ran away. Arrrrggggghhhh! Sometimes, I wish I were American...

No comments: