Monday 2 February 2009

Squeal! Snow!

I woke up this morning to a six inch blanket of snow covering everything. I haven't seen snow like this for years! And despite the fact that Britain grinds to a shuddering halt every time we get more than a single snowflake, it was incredibly beautiful. I briefly considered cycling to work, but was glad I thought better of it upon seeing all the stranded, icy people walking with (and falling off) their bicycles whilst I was walking.

I took some pictures with my phone, as I've not really had a go with the little camera on it yet, and they turned out okay actually.


This is the view from my window this morning at my snow covered little garden. It looks much prettier when covered in snow and reminds me that I need to do some serious garden maintenance soon...

Highbury Fields on my way to work. It was such a nice atmosphere walking to the tube station. I had conversations with three random strangers and one small dog, which was most un-London of me.


Highbury Fields again. It ended up taking me way longer to walk to work than it should have done, as I kept stopping to make big stompy snow footprints and take pictures. Seeing as hardly anyone else in my office bothered to even turn up, I didn't feel too bad about dawdling in the end :)

A random lampost...

And a very snowy bicycle.

I walked home through Highbury Fields again, and all the perfect snow of this morning had been turned into snowmen. I wish I'd taken the day off too.



There were all sorts of snow creatures, from the disturbing, above...


To the pretty amazing...

And this one was just plain cute.
Apologies for lack of jewellery making blogging, I have suffered a slight crisis of confidence, more of which later, but tonight I shall try and make a hat...

No comments: